TBILISI, DFWatch–The Georgian Dream Party on Wednesday announced its top 15 people on the party list for the parliamentary election in October.
The list consists of eight women and seven men. There are no MPs or cabinet members among them. Three of them are deputy ministers.
Presenting the list in the small town Saguramo, in the museum dedicated to the writer the Ilia Chavchavadze, Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili said that Georgian Dream has selected people for their ‘reputation, good education and professionalism.’
The people on the party list are:
- Tamar Chugoshvili – lawyer, former head of Georgian Young Lawyer’s Association, and former human rights adviser to ex-PM Bidzina Ivanishvili
- Giorgi Gakharia – former business ombudsman
- Irakli Kobakhidze – lawyer, executive director of Georgian Dream, member of the political council of GD
- Akaki Zoidze – healthcare expert, member of the GD political council
- Archil Talakvadze – Deputy Interior Minister
- Tamar Khulordava – Deputy Prison Minister
- Irina Pruidze – psychologist and doctor, member of the political council of GD
- Kakha Kuchava – legal expert, businessman
- Mamuka Mdinaradze, head of the organization Lawyers’ Alliance, member of the GD political council
- Mariam Jashi – executive director of Georgia’s Solidarity Fund, former deputy health minister
- Nino Goguadze – international legal expert, head of the Georgian Dream – Conservatives faction in parliament
- Roman Kakulia – diplomat
- Sopo Kiladze – former head of MIA academy, lawyer, member of the GD political council
- Sopo Katsarava – political secretary at the British embassy
- Sopo Japaridze – assistant to the prime minister, deputy prison minister
More than half of MPs from GD will not be on the list, mainly athletes, singers and actors. Those on the list will have to know the English language well, former prime minister and godfather of the GD coalition Bidzina Ivanishvili said last year.
It is unknown which of the MPs will remain on the list, but according to local media reports athletes Soso Jachvliani, Zurab Zviadauri and Luka Kurtanidze, and the actor Zaza Papuashvili.
Several MPs are certain to end up on the list: Gia Volsky, Zviad Kvachantiradze, Irakli Tripolski, Irakli Sesiashvili, Zakaria Kutsnashvili, Manana Kobakhidze, Gia Zhorzholiani, Zviad Dzidziguri, Gedevan Popkhadze, Temur Chkuaseli and Dimitri Khundadze.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.