accidents with gas heaters

Two gas inspectors in KazTransGaz detained for failing to act on gas leak warning before deadly explosion

By | January 19th, 2019|Categories: News|Tags: |

Four people were killed in the explosion in an apartment block in the Tbilisi district Didi Dighomi. (Interpressnews.) TBILISI, DFWatch--The police on Friday detained two people in relation to the deadly gas explosion in Tbilisi which claimed the lives of four, including a 4 year old boy, his mother and an aunt. The two [...]

Four people killed as gas explosion rocks apartment block in Tbilisi

By | January 17th, 2019|Categories: News|Tags: |

TBILISI, DFWatch--Four people were killed and seven people injured when an explosion rocked a block of apartments in uptown Tbilisi Wednesday evening. Among the injured is one child, whose condition is serious, health minister Davit Sergeenko said. The explosion is thought to have been caused by a natural gas leak in a flat in Didi Dighomi, [...]

Gas explosion claims the lives of mother and 9 month old son in Tbilisi

By | November 15th, 2018|Categories: News|Tags: , |

TBILISI, DFWatch--A 30 year old woman and her 9 months old son died in an explosion in an apartment block in Tbilisi Thursday morning, the emergency management service reports. The explosion occurred at around 11am in the eastern Ponichala district and was reportedly caused by a gas leak. Several other people were also injured, including an [...]

Gas explosion killed woman, damaged houses in Tbilisi

By | April 13th, 2015|Categories: News|Tags: |

(Interpressnews.) TBILISI, DFWatch–An explosion allegedly caused by a gas leak killed a 65 year old woman in Tbilisi Sunday morning. The explosion demolished the eighth floor of a building in Gldani, a district in northern part of the capital, and killed Zoia Kalandarishvili, […]

Four Nigerian students found dead in Tbilisi

By | April 9th, 2015|Categories: News|Tags: , |

(Rustavi 2.) TBILISI, DFWatch–Four Nigerian students were found dead in a Tbilisi apartment Wednesday night, apparently from gas poisoning due to a faulty water heater. Three of them were students at Tbilisi State Medical University and one at Georgia’s University. Their bodies were found […]

Gas heaters continue to cause deaths in Georgia

By | November 11th, 2013|Categories: Society|Tags: , |

A typical gas heater. (Tbilisi City Hall Website.) TBILISI, DFWatch–In Georgia, natural gas is cheaper than electricity, so more and more people use it for heating in winter. But the safety of the devices is far below any acceptable level. A young married couple and their 4 year old daughter died after a gas leak […]